Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This and That

  • Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the holy season of Lent. While there are many things I need to give up (small embryo baby cannot live on doritos alone), I like this idea better. For your marriage, getting ready for lent has some wonderful ideas for a non-fasting mama or someone who wants to make lent more about Jesus and less about the torture of giving up chocolate. Can I tell you how happy it makes me to know Jesus would rather have my time than my iced animal cookies? Such a merciful God!
  • I'm sure you've all seen this but for all of us Catholics trying to learn the new translation of the Mass, it's funny

  • This week is the spring Mothers of Preschoolers Consignment Sale. I just left a shift of setting up and was blown away by the quality of the items, the pricing and the variety. Come see us Friday and Saturday. We are just inside Smyrna (about 3 minutes off the 75/285 interchange. See our facebook page for details.
  • Like everyone else, I could not be more thankful for this non-winter. I have to say that knowing I will be 7-9 months pregnant this summer (Lord willing) makes me fear that our mild winter might mean a sweltering summer. But I won't worry about that yet. Instead, I'll enjoy afternoons like this:

  • I am tempted to wear all black the rest of the week, in a serious state of mourning that Downton Abbey is gone. I have truly never loved a show so much and am so sad it is over. Oh the final scene of this season with Mary and Matthew, MELT ME!!!  Thankfully, the Atlanta-Journal came to the rescue with Reading: For life without Downton. I will be in my favorite second hand bookstore (The Book Stop) as soon as Consignment is over this week!
  • That's about all the rambling I can muster for today. Back to my iced animal crackers and a little work to round out this Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment