Thursday, June 27, 2013

7 quick takes (or 7 reasons I need a therapist)

A day early but go see Jen tomorrow for enlightenment.  Until then, 7 mundane takes from a mama who needs to get a grip or a drink...

1. We bought a house. And for any future real estate agents wanting the $3.40 commisions from our sales, you are going to need to add a shrink to your team of stagers, photographers and lawyers. Holy stressful! I am aware that normal people don't need psychiatric help simply to purchase a home but a) I'm not normal people b) there is NO ZERO NO inventory in Atlanta and c) some sellers are bat.$&*# crazy. We close one month from today and I need to go bury St. Joseph (is that right?) in my yard so we don't have 2 mortgages and then I need inpatient psychiatric care.

2. Ross is bathing Thomas while I supposedly fill out school forms for Mary Kate. I just overheard MK ask "what's thaaaat?" To which Ross replied, it's his penis. His private part. I should rename this post, 7 reasons I need a therapist.

3. I saw the ob today to check on this baby I am supposedly carrying. Not supposedly because I don't look pregnant but supposedly because poor third kid, I just forget. Until the fire comes up my throat or I throw up in the Kroger check-out line like I did today. 2nd trimester, shrimester. I did score a new to me pair of maternity skinny jeans from super cute Callie and while they are only going to fit for about 2 more days, I can't resist an e-thrift deal from a stylish mama. Or any thrift deal. Back to the baby. He or she is healthy and happy and is SO EXCITED to join this family o crazy.

4. My precious Tom is almost 10 months old and has gotten about 2.3 posts on here. He is in the sweetest of phases where he adores his mama, wants to feed himself 2,402 blueberries and crackers a day, sleeps all night (took him 8 months to do so but we forgive) and isn't crawling (meaning I don't have to start mopping my floors regularly).  It's a pretty awesome stage.

5. Have you discovered Jesus calling? Please purchase. Or follow them on instagram because short of the Good Book, I have never picked up anything that speaks to me so strongly and so perfectly exactly when I need it. Today for instance... WOW!
"REST WITH ME A WHILE. You have journeyed up a steep step, rugged path in recent days. The way ahead is shrouded in uncertainty. Look neither behind you nor before you. Instead, focus your attention on Me, your constant Companion. Trust that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey.
I designed time to be a protection for you. You couldn’t bear to see all your life at once. Though I am unlimited by time, it is in the present moment that I meet you.Refresh yourself in My company, breathing deep draughts of My Presence. The highest level of trust is to enjoy Me moment by moment. I am with you, watching over you wherever you go"
 
 
6. Change is a comin'. As I mentioned above, it looks like we are moving. This is a good thing. This is a good thing. This is a good thing. By the way I feel inside (and babble on and on and on and on), you'd expect a "we've moved..to AFRICA" card. We don't even need to get on the interstate to get to our new abode but in the world of small kids and nap schedules and I ABHOR change/ zero sense of adventure, 9.2 miles is a long way away. We will change churches and Mary Kate will start school with no one she knows (or mama knows). My stomach is in a constant state of knot. We prayed and prayed through this long process and I am 99.2% positive that these knots are because I am not trusting "that I will equip you fully for whatever awaits you on your journey." (see numero 5). And I wonder where Mary Kate gets her drama queen tendency... Again, shrink please.
 
 
7. Okay I must go make my dinner of chocolate covered pomegranates and sliced cheese. Feel free to show this post to your husbands so they raise their hands to the heavens in thanksgiving for not marrying me.
 
blurry but priceless.


2 comments:

  1. 1. Gates is almost 8 months and won't sleep through the night...Lord help me. Thomas gives me hope...
    2. LOVE Jesus Calling. I want to share every lesson on IG
    3. If anyone can lend an ear to you about your woes of moving it is ME. I have moved 3 times to 3 different cities and had 2 children in 3 years. If I am not locked in a loony bin then I should give you hope. Luckily the Lord has a plan and we just have to be patient and trust.

    Praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty. And, let me add...
    1. The twins didn't sleep through the night for a YEAR. Glad Thomas got the memo early for you :).
    2. Moving is a total pain in the a$$. I can't imagine being pregnant and moving. I'll pray for you. But, also, know...it's not our plan. MK will do awesome - we were in the exact same space last year with schools and me not knowing anyone. You will meet those Mommas and MK will rock it.
    3. Moving sucks. (Again, I know). Feel free to whine and moan to me anytime about it. It is fun, though, to put together a home that your kids will most likely think of when they are 25 as "HOME". I love thinking that...except when I think that maybe they won't think Athens is metropolitan enough and leave their momma. :) HA.

    Hang in there, pumpkin. Baby #3 will probably be the greatest gift, albeit surprise, of your life. Followed closely by his or her siblings :). God has this...sit back and try not to puke in line at Kroger again :). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete