Today, September 14th, the things that make me happy
- the little girl in the next room who is napping. naps make me very happy, even if they are not my own, sometimes especially if they are not my own.
- that same little, dainty girl who, at Mass Sunday during the quiet part of Eucharistic prayers, tooted so so loudly and for so long. Call me an 11-year-old boy but that was so funny.
- the new jeans that my friend Rachel gifted me. They are a size bigger than usual but I love 2 new pair of free Joe's jeans no matter what size they are
- when my husband looks at me and says 'babe, you look great!'
- garage sales
- Kashi go lean cereal bars
- diet coke- though I'm trying to quit so look forward to a post about what doesn't make me happy
- 4-5 hour sleep stretches
- phone conversations with old friends
- when my kid smiles at me so big that her eyes are squinting
- play dates with encouraging moms and spunky kids
- 6:30 pm when dad comes home and takes baby and dog for a run
- jogging strollers gifted from generous friends to make my hour of heaven possible
- reading blogs
- reading a good book
- the ocean- oh how healing and soothing the beach will always be to me!
- feeling productive, being busy
- Mass at the Gift of Grace- so small but so intimate, being known and loved by the sisters
- seeing my daughter curl up on her dad's chest, clutch his shirt collar and be so content
- eating Mexican with my mom
- meeting with small groups of younger women, being inspired by them
- Praise and worship music (or as R calls it 'the loaf')
- feeling in shape (not currently but soon!!)
- thunderstorms, especially at the beach or in the middle of the day, esp with a book in hand
- smocked dresses
- rocking chairs
- fall weather in the south
- sugar-brownies, candy, ice cream, cake- you name it, I love it
- surprises-like the edible arrangement my sister sent 'just because'
- Savannah, Tybee, mass and supper with my grandma, shopping with mom and katie-just being home
go gamecocks???!! Lord help my fall Saturdays
the 2010 Tyler family babies
the back river of tybee