Thursday, April 5, 2012

Never gets old

I just came home from our 16 week appointment for baby Ninness. I am willing to bet that even those with 5 and 6 and 12 kids never tire of hearing their babe's heartrate and of the assurance that baby looks healthy. It feels like I already know this person and only get to "see" them once a month. While I didn't get to look at little person's face and while little person hid from the ultrasound for an excruciating 30 seconds, the second I heard that precious sound, it was pure joy. Little baby seems much more active than big sister ever was, moving so much we could only hear interference for awhile. Heartrate was 150, down from 162 last time so he/she is keeping us guessing on gender if you believe heartrates as an indicator. This is definitely one of the fun parts of waiting until birthday to find out the sex- the guessing and wondering if old wives tales are true. One tale says we are having a boy while another says girl. I could not be more honest if I said I  could care less which we get. Maybe after 3 or 4 girls I will start whispering to God that a boy would be nice but until then, I am in a state of pure joy that I get any kind of baby.

To little baby Ninness, you were created by Jesus to join our family. Whether or not you question His judgement one day, you will never wonder how much you are loved.  You are a gift to this family, another little soul to add light to this world. Stay safe little one and know what a blessing you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment