Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Building a nest

This past weekend, mom and Katie came up to assist in my early stages of nesting. And by 'assist,' I mean, take care of everything. While I was at work Friday morning, Bob Villa  Katie managed to put together our crib. When I came home from work, she and mom had arranged our nursery.  I was FLOORED. I could not believe it. If our baby decided to listen to my crazies and come out early, it would, indeed, have a place to live and play. I was ecstatic and so, so happy. Our furniture looks beautiful and was such a generous gift from Aunt Rae Ann.   We are waiting to put finishing touches on until little babe reveals pink or blue so I'll hold off on nursery shots. But, this makes me happy.
And so do these

3 out of the four items are courtesy of Aunt Katie. At Christmas, she gifted babe with it's first item of Sunday best. The booties have a story of their own as well. Many years and many boyfriends ago, Katie gave me these booties for Christmas and insisted my future child wear them home from the hospital. The fear of God was placed in me about losing them and miraculously, 'Miss disorganized' here managed to keep them for at least 6 or 7 years. Unless baby's dad yanks them off, babe will come home supporting the dawgs.

The last item is baby's first Rosary from Aunt Caroline. These are special because they are from Prague, where there is a devotion to the Infant Jesus.

The devotion to the Holy Child Jesus is a veneration of our Lord's sacred Infancy. Many saints had a very strong devotion to the Divine Child, notably St. Therese of the Child Jesus, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Anthony of Padua, and St. Teresa of Avila. http://www.viarosa.com/VR/InfantPrague/Rosaries+Chaplets.html

So, baby now has a place to sleep, booties to warm tiny feet, a shelf full of board books from McClain cousins, beautiful clothes and a rosary to pray with mama and daddy. It was the first weekend I really, really celebrated baby N. From Katie's hands accosting my belly at every turn, to mom outfitting me with some precious maternity clothes, to putting little details into the nursery, to thinking of names to present to my husband, we celebrated baby. We celebrated mom's coming 50th birthday with a 3D ultrasound session and sharing that moment with my mom and sister was priceless. 3 full days of family can and did bring its moments of stress but I wouldn't trade one minute of the stress for the memories created.

Thanks Bob Villa and Mom for celebrating our baby and making me feel like the luckiest incubator in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Precious!! Can I be your night nurse so I can rock rock rock? I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete