Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And this weekend, a different kind of culture - Edit


April 28, 2009

This weekend was the annual Inman Park festival. Katrina drove up from Augusta and my best friend and fiance met for the first time. I don't know if she'll ever come back but oh what a day!

We started off at Streppa's party pad and had mimosas and chocolate fondue for breakfast. This, in addition to some of my greatest friends and a few cute babies, made the morning pretty fantastic. Then we headed to the parade. And well, culture abounded.

There were funnel cakes and mojitos in a can. There were John Deere tractors and cross-dressing ladies. There were little girls from dance schools and old ladies dressed up, just to dress up. See above! There were some of the people I love most in the world, including one VERY big trooper of a pregnant lady. And then there was the wall I hit at about 5 pm. Yes I am getting very old. But not too old to live it up in this great, ecclectic, diverse, beautiful city, with some great, ecclectic, diverse, fabulous people.



To Katrina, my B, so much a part of my heart, thanks for driving to the ATL and spending your weekend here. You got a full taste of my life here. Don't say I never gave you anything to pray for :)


And to Streppa, Jill, Ross, Brian, Helen, Lizzie and the 20 other people we were trying to keep up with all day, thanks for a beautiful Atlanta Saturday, from which I am still recovering!




Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment