Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In the midst of wedding planning, some perspective

March 20, 2009

Just for Today

Today...I will live in peace with God, my neighbor and myself. I will bring peace to my patch of this earth.

Today...I will believe that world peace is possible. I will remember that hope is the most important gift I can give my world.

Today...I will not be a party to pessimism nor join the indifferent.

Today...I will be happy. I will remember that my joy is up to me. I will carry my confidence to all I touch this day.

Today...I will love my enemies. I will pray for them. I will try to see our differences from their point of view.

Today...I will disarm myself of rage by extending my hand in help and forgiveness.

Today...I will know that peace is the child of justice-that peace is more than the absence of war.

Today...I will plant a seed of justice in this global village, in my city, in my neighborhood, in my family, and in my heart.

Today...I will pray for peace for all those with whom I come into contact.

Today...I will test my love of peace by doing one act for peace.

Today...I will stand with Christ the Peacemaker.



By KeriS4 at 5:01pm

No comments:

Post a Comment